Memorial Hospital Miramar
Memorial Hospital Miramar is a 124-acre site located in the City of Miramar. The campus-style project includes a 250,000-SF hospital, medical office buildings, maintenance facilities and outparcel facilities. Services provided included:
- Site Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Roadway and Traffic Engineering
- Landscape Architecture
- Environmental Risk Management
- Environmental Permitting
On-site improvements included the main hospital building, medical office buildings, internal access roads, underground infrastructure for the future outparcels, and design of a 50-acre wetland mitigation habitat and lakes. Off-site improvements included the design and construction of a one-mile section of new roadway connecting Pembroke Road, and the widening of a 1/2-mile section of 172nd Avenue. In addition, the hospital was designed to have two different potable water sources from the City of Miramar and the City of Pembroke Pines, with a total of 10,000 LF of water distribution system, a lift station and 6,500 LF of sanitary sewer system.
The hospital’s grand opening, which took place in March 2005, delivered the project two months earlier than the established opening date.
- Project of the Year, Broward Branch – American Society of Civil Engineers, 2006
- Project of the Year, Florida Section – American Society of Civil Engineers, 2006
- Best of 2005 Award of Merit – Healthcare – Southeast Construction, 2005