Wellington Regional Medical Center
Improvements for this medical center include the addition of a 120-bed Tower, Emergency Department, Imaging Center, Kitchen and Dietary Expansion, and Cancer Center. A 480-space parking garage was also constructed to accommodate the expansion of these facilities, as well as improvements along SR 7.
The Emergency Department and Imaging Center additions required construction of a 3,000 square-foot, two-story Central Energy Plant. Ambulance and patient drop-off areas were reconfigured to better serve the new emergency room. Parking and loading areas of the facility were also reconfigured. Overall, the Emergency Department and Imaging Center included a 26,000 SF addition/renovation to the existing hospital.
The 8,000 SF addition/renovation to the existing Cancer Center required construction of an entry drive with a patient drop-off area and 22 parking spaces. In addition, site location, design and permitting were required for the relocation of the heliport.
Services provided include:
- Design and permitting of a new master lift station
- Drainage system design
- Water and sewer systems design
- Utility master plan
- Topographic survey, as-builts of pertinent utilities, and preparation of legal descriptions for utility easements
- Maintenance of traffic
- Construction documents and phasing plans
- Regulatory agency coordination and permitting
- Signal warrant study and coordination with FDOT District 4 Traffic Operations staff
- Landscape architecture